Longford Rugby Football Club
one of the best clubhouses in the country
Longford RFC celebrated their official fiftieth anniversary in 2017, although people in Longford had been playing rugby much earlier – probably even in the nineteenth century. Their base has recently been extended, and the club can now be justly proud of one of the best clubhouses in the country. GEM Project Management Team acted as Project Supervisor Construction Stage (PSCS) and Main Contractor in the redevelopment of the club’s training, changing, medical, conference and hospitality facilities.
Remaining Operational – A Logistical Challenge
Major extension and refurbishment work needed to be carried out whilst the club continued to function. Avoiding disruption to club members and the public, and ensuring safety and security for the club, local residents, and other contractors, required careful planning and coordination. A very detailed schedule was drawn up and agreed with the club, and the project was completed on time and to the entire satisfaction of the client.
A Thorough Refurbishment
Works by GEM included:
- Stripping out all internal fixtures & fittings
- Complete internal refurbishment of the dressing rooms and shower rooms
- Changing internal layout
- Removal of the existing asbestos roof covering and replacement with new roof covering
- Construction of an extension to be used as a dining/conference area
- Refurbishment of the existing bar area
- Installation of new fit-out to the reception, conference room, meeting rooms, medical rooms, dressing rooms, bar and dining area
- External works consisting of new paving and footpaths
- Hard and soft landscaping
Longford RFC are now able to offer a full range of conference and dining facilities for public hire.